On this page you will find information on the latest features, functionality, enhancements and content updates for SAGE Research Methods.
Coming soon: SAGE Research Methods Datasets
Launching in Spring 2014, SAGE Research Methods Datasets is a collection of teaching datasets that can be used to support the teaching and independent learning of quantitative and qualitative analytical methods used in the social sciences. These are datasets taken from larger national and international data sources, cleaned and reduced in size and complexity for teaching and self-study purposes, perfect for researchers learning a new method or brushing up on an old one.
Datasets will be fully integrated on the SRM platform for unified searching. As a result, as content for product testing is added beginning in January, you may see Datasets titles with padlock icons on the platform. All current SRM customers will be invited to trial Datasets in April. If you have any questions in the meantime, please contact email@example.com
- Improved search results pages are now live!
* Discipline tagging across all content--you can now search for the content most relevant to your area of study
* Search results page now includes a brief definition of the method searched
* Curated search results: the top 5 results for the top search terms have been hand-selected by methods experts, ensuring the most important texts appear front and center
* Improved search functionality with use of synonyms
* Related content now includes Broader and Narrower Terms to help users discover related methods
- Padlock icons will now appear next to titles in search results lists for content not subscribed to. For instance, these will appear next to Cases titles for customers who have access to SRM, but not SRM Cases.
New COUNTER 4 Reports are here!
In January 2014, we upgraded from COUNTER 3 to the following COUNTER 4 reports:
- Database Report 1 (DR1): Total Searches, Result Clicks and Record Views by Month and Database
- Database Report 2 (DR2): Access Denied by Month, Database and Category
For more information about this change, please review the COUNTER 4 Reports FAQs on the Help page.
New titles for 2014
See the list of new titles added in January 2014 here.
SAGE Research Methods selected as Choice Outstanding Academic Title for 2012
SAGE Research Methods received a 4-star review from Charleston Advisor
New training videos now available
Check out the Tutorials page to view a set of new videos that will suppor the use of specifc functions of SAGE Research Methods to help you fully utilize the features availble.
Learn more about important account changes to SAGE Research Methods customers
Stay up-to-date on what's coming soon by following us on Twitter @SAGE_Methods.